|The best if not the greatest boxer of our time, perhaps were the few adjectives that would describe the similarity between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao and the rest were in contrast with each other.|
Here are my top five reasons why Money is the villain and Manny is the hero of boxing. Join me to explore opposing personalities. The fighters that for so long we have been waiting for to face each other in the squared circle, for the sake of the sport and for the fans as well.
1. Floyd Mayweather Jr. trash talk opponents and disrespect their skills and abilities as a boxer. This strategy work very well for Floyd in promoting all of his fights. His talks intensify fight hype regardless of his opponent’s reaction.
An opponent that choose to open fire will enhance Floyd’s talking ability that get fight fans excited and expects action packed fight, spend their hard earn bucks for a pay per view subscription or for a ticket.
In the contrary, Manny Pacquiao respects, and does not under estimate opponents. He encourages them to train hard. To be in the best fighting shape and promise fans to give their money’s worth. Manny is true to his word because of his all out aggression and never fail to bring excitement to fans.
2. Fighting styles. Floyd Mayweather Jr’s all out offensive talking towards his opponent is completely opposite when he is in the ring. Money is a defensive wizard that possesses doubled if not tripled defensive shield that his 41 foes failed to penetrate.
Money May’s defensive style, sometimes can be boring if his opponent choose not to engage. Floyd tends to win on points because for him a win is a win, and it does not care if he satisfies fans.
In the other hand, Manny Pacquiao’s humble and angelic praises towards his opponent. However, he is like a monster inside the ring that humiliates opponent in a brutal manner. Like a pacific storm, that Floyd may not weather.
Expect Pacman to initiate action in the entire fight even an opponent tries to back pedal. You can run but you can never hide from him.
3. Floyd Mayweather Jr. after the fight wasted and burned money. Manny Pacquiao after the fight would share his money—helping the poor in his native place—giving away rice, sum of money, and medicine for the sick.
4. Floyd is a law-breaker while Pacman is a lawmaker. Court cases bothered the former that might prevent him from fighting in the future. The most recent case is a bundled stuck of felony and misdemeanor charges for an alleged domestic violence.
Pacman elected Congressman in the House of Representative in his native Philippines. He is taking the lead to realize the first ever hospital in his district.
5. Though Money falls on the negative end on this article, but I admired his portrayal being the villain in the world of boxing. Seldom fighters can do that. Hate him or love him the bottom line is that fans will definitely buy a pay per view subscription or a ticket to watch live, hoping the Pretty boy lost.
Perfect portrayal of a villain makes a hero—a hero. The characters that we need to make the sport we love alive.
Both Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao perfectly suit the role they played.