Hey boxing fans! Before you start popping up your “Fighter of the Year” and whatever you think were the best among the best in 2014. You better wait for the outcome of those matches that will be held in Japan before the year ends. Maybe one of those bouts steal the “Fight of the Year” that’s on your mind right now.
Guillermo Rigondeaux (14-0, 9 KO’s) will be back in the ring against unheralded Hisashi Amagasa (28-4-2, 19 KO’s) for Rigondeaux’s RING, WBO and WBA titles at the Bodymaker Colosseum, Osaka, Japan. This will be his second straight fight outside the US. Rigo will be coming in from a short night win over Sod Kokietgym in Macau last July. A fight that Rigo infamously won. The won seemingly was the product of a “cheap shot”. Against Amagasa, I think Rigo should deliver something other than boxing clinic — make the fight exciting — to detach the word “boring” on his boxing style.
Take a look at the rest of scheduled matches that will be held in Osaka and Tokyo, Japan before the promising year 2015 comes.
Make sure you watch them all, while having your favorite beer on your couch waiting for the new year. For me, as a boxing fan, these fights have no match to any firecrackers ever made, as one of these bouts could be war!
Sunday, Dec. 28, 2014 Osaka, Japan
- Yuki Nonaka vs Charlie Ota – Junior middleweight, 10 Rounds
Tuesday, Dec. 30, 2014 Tokyo, Japan
- Omar Narvaez vs Naoya Inoue – Junior bantamweight, 12 Rounds
- Akira Yaegashi vs Pedro Guevara – Junior flyweight, 12 Rounds
- Jorge Linares vs Javier Prieto – Lightweight, 12 Rounds
- Ryo Matsumoto vs Rusalee Samor – Junior bantamweight, 12 Rounds
- Ryota Murata vs Jessie Nicklow – Middleweight, 10 Rounds
- Takuma Inoue vs Nestor Narvaez – Flyweight, 8 Rounds
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014, Osaka, Japan
- Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Hisashi Amagasa – Junior featherweight, 12 Rounds
- Katsunari Takayama vs Go Odaira – Strawweight 12 Rounds
- Kazuto Ioka vs Jean Piero Perez – Flyweight, 10 Rounds
- Sho Ishida vs Masato Morisaki – Junior bantamweight, 10 Rounds
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014, Tokyo, Japan
- Takashi Uchiyama vs Israel Perez – Junior lightweight, 12 Rounds
- Kohei Kono vs Norberto Jiminez – Junior bantamweight, 12 Rounds
- Alberto Rossel vs Ryoichi Taguchi – Junior flyweight, 12 Rounds division